Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hmmm...

Wow, I stink at this blogging thing. I'd really like to be a good blogger, but life just catches up with me. I have so much on my plate and so much I'd really like to share, but I get sidetracked so easily. Things I'd like my blog to focus on:
1. Cooking
2. Running/exercising
3. Crafting
4. Organizing

I love my crockpot. I started a Crockpot Cooker group on Facebook and have 550 members now. I love the recipes everyone is sharing. And I love using my crockpot.

I am working on decreasing my 5K time so that I don't get beaten by my almost 50-year-old mother and 54-year-old father in the 5K at the end of the month my mother wants to run for her 50th birthday. I'm down to 35.37 for 3.2 miles...which, by the way, is not a 5K as I learned Friday. A 5K is actually only 3.1. Still...my parents ran their last 5K in 30.45!!!

I also want to start some strength training to get toned up all over...abs, back, arms, legs...you name it. I just don't want to have to use fancy equipment to do it. And the information out there is overwhelming. I just can't get it all put together in a way that will work for me.

And crafting...my long lost friend. Right now, I can't even see the table top in my craft closet...and haven't for months. I miss that outlet, but I dread the organizing I'm going to have to do to get caught up. And the photos alone...I am so behind on my picture printing. I don't think I've printed since last June, so I probably have 2000 pictures to print--seriously.

But organizing...that's where I'm at this week. Sarah Beth's room has already been rearranged. Ryan's was just done, so the big focus this month is going to be the garage. Which goes back to #2. Once we clear out the garage, it's becoming a home gym. I want to go full force with it and put down matting and put up a flat screen TV, get a weight bench and weights, and really...I'd love to hang a punching bag! Something about running on the treadmill surrounded by clutter is bad for my soul. I'd rather be running outside, but I run too early, alone and in the dark. Once summer gets here, I'm so out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment