I'm feeling restless in my own skin today. I don't know if it's because we had a long weekend out of town and there's lots to be done or if it's something else. We've got a lot going on in the next couple of weeks as summer comes to an end for me. Maybe that's it...summer's ending. And I always feel like I didn't do as much as I'd planned, wanted or could have. I'm making progress on the huge to-do list, but it just keeps getting longer.
Let's see...here's what's floating around my mind:
1. I forgot to register SB for Cheer Camp and so I won't get that time to get things done or play with R and she won't get the experience.
2. Jessie...why, oh, why did we get a puppy?! She tore up a cushion on one of our outdoor chairs and we won't be able to replace it with a matching one. It's too expensive to replace all six chair cushions. Now what?
3. Zumbathon...I hope it's successful, but I'm not sure it will be. Just not enough PR. And it's hot. And it's summer.
4. The house...is a mess. I know it's from a wonderful weekend away, but it clutters my mind. But I'm tired and don't want to get up to fix the problem.
5. Running...my hip hurt again this morning and I'm about to lose two toenails. I officially start an 8-week training plan to run another 10K in September. I'm excited but afraid.
6. Headaches...they're back. I've had one every couple of days now. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to work. Even the Excedrin migraine isn't working. Maybe it's sinus related...guess I should have picked up some more medicine.
7. Kids...SB starts school this year. I hope she's ready. I know she'll like it. I just want her to be happy there. And to have fun. And to learn, both academically and socially. R is growing up too. He's so much more talkative, has a funny sense of humor, and is so sweet. Change is hard, huh?
8. The never-ending to-do list...once again, I know I could be checking things off, but I'm wiped out. I guess it wouldn't kill me to write a couple of checks and fill out a couple of forms (one for my 10K and one for HHH, but again, just a 10K).
9. Health...ok, really, when I say health, I mean weight. Good grief, what happened. I blinked and gained a few pounds. And so I said, today is a new day...and I ate a donut for breakfast. And a Coke and burger for lunch. Yeah, new day, my foot. But, I'm going to make some yogurt this afternoon...no, really, I will. I've been saying it for two weeks, but today's the day. So breakfast tomorrow will be better. And I'm making a healthy dinner...stir fry. And tomorrow's is light and mostly healthy. See...maybe it is a new day after all.
10. School...I really haven't thought about it much, but there were a couple of projects I wanted to work on this summer. I've done bits and pieces here and there, but they aren't ready to hit the ground yet. One of them is a girls' group I want to start at school...a sort of mind, body, spirit type of group to teach girls to make healthy choices in all aspects of their lives. I've got a few things in the works for it, but not enough to implement the plan yet.
Ok, that's about all that's rattling around...there's still some sort of uneasiness in my bones today. I thought my run this morning would clear my head, but it didn't, at least, not as much as I'd hoped.