Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend, my husband had a state umpire conference to attend in Dallas. The kids and I decided to tag along to have a little fun. The kids are easily entertained, so I knew a hotel with an indoor pool would be a hit...and I was right. And I got in right along with them and enjoyed some fun with the kids.

Then this morning, we decided we couldn't be 15 minutes away from a race my parents were running and not go cheer them on, so we made the quick (and luckily, not difficult) drive to Grapevine's Bold in the Cold run. We missed the start, but we did get to see Poppy finish and hang out with him to cheer Nana on as she ran by a couple of times before finishing. She finished first in her age division! (And I somehow managed to leave my camera at home, so I don't have many pictures of our fun this weekend...but I did video her finish!)



After that, I had to take the kids to the park we had seen on our way out to the race. They had wanted to stop then, but we wouldn't have made it to the race in time to see my dad finish if we'd done that. It was a really cool park.


Next to the park was a free botanical gardens that we enjoyed walking around for a little while. There were fish in the pond, a kitchen garden, and lots of paths to roam.

The kids were quite happy with their new Happy Nappers (yes, I'm a sucker...they saw them on sale at Walgreens where we had to make a quick pit stop).



From there, we met up with Daddy for burgers for lunch and chilled out in the room until he was done. Then we had to hit up the Ballpark, followed by getting Chad fitted for running shoes at Luke's Locker. By then, we had two very tired kids on our hands and frustration was setting in as we tried to find an open and easily-reached cupcake place (all because we saw one but it was closed). We ended up at a Corner Bakery, and that worked perfectly for a little treat. We headed home after that, and the kids were quickly asleep. Of course, we'll pay for that late nap now, but it's ok. The fun we had this weekend was worth it.

I didn't get a long run in today because of our little trip, so it's on schedule for tomorrow morning. I'm still debating the strength training for tonight. I only did it once this week, and I sure hate to not meet my New Year's goals the first week of the year.

Here's what I have for this week's mileage:

Mileage Report
Weekly: 10 miles
YTD: 10 miles

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend!

    Weekly: 3 miles
    YTD: 3 miles

    ReplyDelete