Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Recap

I have to resign myself to the fact that I am permanently behind. So, here's my Mother's Day recap.

The Mother's Day fun began on Thursday with a tea at my son's preschool. I took the whole day off to be able to enjoy this time without rushing. It was really neat. We went to chapel with the class where we sang songs and listened to Mrs. Lori read some books about moms. Then the kids got on stage and said a verse they memorized with motions and sang us the "bushel and a peck" song. It was so cute! Then we had tea and snacks where we got all sorts of handmade goodies. Ryan was so proud and so excited...and I loved every minute of it!

Mother's Day Tea at Learn and Grow

Then, on Friday morning, I was able to get my first class covered so I could go to breakfast with Sarah Beth. She was happy to have me with her, and I was so glad I could go. We got our picture taken there, but I don't have a copy of it yet.

That night, my sister came over so we could put together "swag bags" for the kids for Saturday. We put shoelaces, fruit chews for kids, granola bars, visors, and headbands or sweatbands in bags for them. She and I had a couple of glasses of wine and just got to enjoy some time together baking scones and muffins for Saturday.

Saturday brought around our Mother's Day fun for my mom. She had requested (and I'm pretty sure my mom, sister and I came up with this idea on a run together) a family fun run. After having a hard time finding time to do it, we settled on early Saturday morning followed by brunch. Unfortunately, between planning it and actually doing it, my mom was injured and was only allowed to run a mile. We all ran the first mile together and then five of us peeled off to finish out a 5K. I ran behind my sister, her stepdaughter, and my sister-in-law with my dad. It was a great day! We got back and joined the rest of the crew for breakfast of muffins, scones, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit and breakfast casserole...so good...but not nearly as good as having the whole crew together!

Start line!

My Momma

The logo my hubby designed...the irises and owl are reminders of my Gomie
After the morning fun, my hubby had to leave to umpire high school baseball. We weren't sure the rain would stay away, but we ended up having SB's last soccer game after all. Her team played a really good game, and she even scored her only goal of the season! She was quick to point out that the other team scored while she was goalie though...that's something I need to work on with her. I'm sure she has picked up the justifying or disqualifying of compliments from me. Isn't having a little mirror hard? 

Last Soccer Game

And then my sister made these for me...they are necklaces using my kids' fingerprints in clay. I can't even tell you how thoughtful this was! 

The necklaces my sister made for me using my kids' fingerprints
On Sunday, I got to have my favorite breakfast, migas from Fuzzy's Taco, before church. We had dinner at our house with Chad's family. All in all, I feel very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, a family Mother's Day fun run...how FUN!! love the necklaces, happy belated Mother's Day!

    what a great picture from the Tea, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and Ryan. Too cute and you look great! As for your comment about SB "qualifying" compliments - that's a great observation about hearing it from you. Made me really think about what things I do automatically and without thinking (like qualifying compliments) that could have a negative impact on my girls' self-images. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete