Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Saturday Update...the first in a long time

I finally have a weekly update worth writing. I got back on track with regular running last week and battled an injury weird pain and swelling in my knee after that. I have no idea what I did to it or how it really got any better. I'm leaning toward thinking that getting back to running on the road and not the treadmill might have contributed to the problem. But it all seems to be ok this week. I've had a little soreness or stiffness and some tight hips. I can deal with those things. I ran Monday on the hotel treadmill, Wednesday on the treadmill due to storms and finally got to hit the road on Friday. My sister and I had a garage sale today, which meant no running this morning. The money we made made up for it though :) I am planning on running "long" tomorrow. I can't quite pick up on my training plan where I should be, but I'm adapting it to what I can do for now. I have a 5k in one month. My goal there is to finish in under 30 minutes. I think I can get there...but it's going to take some work. After that race, I will start my half marathon training for the 13.1 Dallas in October. I'm doing that one as part of Team World Vision with a team from my church. I'm excited that I'll be training with (although maybe not in person) a lot of my family and friends. Of course, I still have some fundraising to do! Mileage Weekly: 9.85 miles YTD: 292 miles (going wi Daily Mile here)

No comments:

Post a Comment