Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Testing and such

We had a great day at Six Flags yesterday. We had prepared the kids and ourselves for the worst, knowing it was going to be extremely hot. We fully expected to go for a couple of hours, have our picnic lunch, go back in for another hour or two and leave. However, despite the 105* weather, we rode and played until almost 2:30 before stopping for lunch, and then played some more until 6:30! The kids really enjoyed the rides and managed to stay cool with the park's misters and spray fans.

And then this morning, I had a gallbladder scan. Oh, my, word. I did not know what to expect from this test at all. Basically, I was flat on my back and still for two hours while a camera captured pictures of my abdomen, tracking a radioactive tracer as it progressed through my liver and gallbladder. Other than feeling the IV port, the test itself was painless. Even the enzyme that tricks your body into thinking it just ate didn't do much (except make me feel even hungrier after not getting to eat this morning), even though many people experience pain during that part. Of course, that made me think, "Great, gallbladder. You pick today to behave?!" However, the tech was able to tell me that my gallbladder function was abnormal. I'll find out Friday what my doctor wants to do.

1 comment:

  1. I had one of those in 2004, then had to have gallbladder laproscopic removal...I had a gallbladder that wasn't normal at all!

    ReplyDelete