Friday, February 15, 2013

Not now!

Why does it seem that running is always two steps forward, three steps back?

It seems that double-digit runs in two consecutive weekends is too much for my foot. It's acting cranky again. The pain is different this time and doesn't feel like a stone bruise on my heel, but I'm pretty sure it's still my PF. I'm taping it with KT tape, icing it, stretching it, resting it, and now I've resorted to an insert made for PF.

It's not painful all the time, and it seems fine when I run (typical I know). I did skip this week's speed workout, and I plan on cutting back my long run this week.

It is just so frustrating. I was finally going farther and faster. I was hoping this was an upward trend and a good season of running. We all know that we have our hills and valleys in this sport, times where our runs feel like quicksand and times where we feel like we're flying. I'd come out of a long, slow, hard spell and was hoping to stay away from that for a while...but it doesn't look like that is the case.

With my half about 7 weeks away, I'm getting a little nervous. It's going to take a lot of work to keep my foot healthy enough to run it. Secretly, I had a new PR in mind. That goal may have to change to "finish the race." Disappointing.

2 comments:

  1. the important thing is to stay healthy! You will get the new PR soon I'm sure! Hope the foot starts to feel better soon..pf sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you can get a trainer for your bike and use that to keep up the cardio. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete