Monday, January 5, 2015

Double digits!

Our local runners club has been having Saturday donut runs, and Mom and I actually had the same distance on our training plans for once.  However, we weren't sure we'd be able to run on Saturday due to freezing temps, but it turned out just fine. My dad, sister and one of her step-daughters ran 5k together while Mom and I tackled my first double digit run of 10 miles since almost a year ago.

It wasn't an easy run...Mom forgot to tell me about the hills on the route, but it was good. The temp was pretty chilly and there was a light misty. I got hot with my fleece vest under my jacket, so I had to  be creative and keep it zipped but pull it off my core. It worked.

I thought maybe that would be the end of my streak, but after using lemongrass oil on my foot that night, Sunday wasn't too bad. I ended up running a couple of miles on the treadmill. So the streak continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment