Monday, January 26, 2015

Surprise, surprise...

I'm behind on blogging. Again.

So, here's the quick catch up.

Weekend before last, I ran a half marathon with my mom.  It was the same race where I ran my full last year. It was a hard run. Mom pushed our pace (thankfully) so we made my time goal. No pr, but it could have been much worse. Pretty sure the first 10k was one of my fastest. Just like the race last year, oranges were a God-send in that final stretch!

Then this past weekend, Mom had her 22-miler. Just like when I did a 20-miler, the whole crew took shifts. Dad ran 4 (or 5?), Carrie ran 7.5, and I took the last 6. Let me just say that woman is a beast! Her pace was so spot on, and she still managed to kick it into overdrive in the home stretch. And she recovered extremely well also!

We are finishing up the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge this week. Trying to get back into my strength training and kick it into gear so we can finish strong.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, your mom is awesome and you guys are the best supporters!! Glad to see you blogging, I know how hard it is to find the time.

    ReplyDelete