Thursday, March 31, 2011

More thoughts on the race

Looking back on the race, it's all kind of  blur, but there are a few things I saw that stand out.

1. The best sight? Seeing my husband at mile 6.8. I loved that I was able to steal a kiss and run :)

2. We ran past this huge wisteria tree. My grandmother had a wisteria bush at the edge of her yard by the driveway. And since she's no longer with us, it reminded me that she's still watching out for us and cheering us on.

3. I kept seeing the backs of shirts. One I kept seeing (either on multiple people or I was playing leap frog with another runner) said "Run, Sis, Run" so I obviously thought of my sister, knowing she was cheering me on from home.

4. Other memorable shirts: "They will run and not grow weary. Isaiah 40:31" (reminding me of God's faithfulness since that's what I was doing), "If you can read this, I'm not last" (belonging to a chick I promptly passed), "Does this shirt make my butt look fast?" (good for a laugh). I'm sure there were others, but those are what I remember.

5. Seeing my mom and kids near the finish...even if I almost missed them and they were kind of a blur.

And another random side note, the race was actually 13.22 miles :)

1 comment: