When his friends got here, we had them decorate a treasure bag for all the trinkets they'd win with the games. We had a game/activity for each of the 8 elements in the video game. Each game had its own prize.
1. Earth: Dino-Rang's Boomerang Throw. The kids threw a boomerang at a stack of paper party cups (chompies).
3. Tech: Bouncer's Ball Bounce. The kids tossed a bouncy ball into targets (cups).
5. Air: Swarm's Balloon Sting. The kids formed two teams and had a relay race where they each had to "sting" a balloon and pop it.
6, 7 and 8 were all part of the food.
6. Magic: Pop Fizz's Magic Potion. The kids mixed KoolAid Mix and Pop Rocks to form their own drinks.
7. Life: Tree Rex's Level Up Pizza. Food time!
8. Fire: Ignitor's Candle Lighting. Cake time!
I'm pretty pleased with the cake. I ordered a round cake with a thin layer of buttercream icing from United. Then I bought premade black fondant. I rolled it out and made the outer layer of the portal from the game. To give it the rock look, I used silver spray food coloring sprayed on a squished up paper towel to give it the mottled look I wanted.