Wednesday, January 12, 2011

29:12

Yep, I finally did it! I ran a 5K (albeit on the treadmill) in less than 30 minutes! I was thrilled. And I ran the last mile faster than the first too. I even felt like I had more in me, that I could have gone faster, or farther, or both.

My calves/shins are paying for the speed a little this evening, but after performing some sort of acrobatic-meets-contortionist moves to get these compression sleeves on, I'm hoping they'll feel better quickly.

During this morning's run, I had this sort of weird thought of three words that I hadn't heard before, or at least not this context and order. And as they came to mind, some other connections came to mind with these words. The words were "Power, Energy Strength" and the stream-of-consciousness went something like this...power comes from God as in power in the blood or "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" (and why that wasn't connected to strength I don't know) and I thought that power is from the soul. Then I thought of energy and how it is connected to our minds and how much running is a mental thing and I have to put forth the mental effort to get my rear out of bed and get running. Then I thought of strength, probably because I was really trying to finish a 5K in under 30 for the first time ever. And what was really cool is that I realized that I am strong and this strength is leading to speed, so the word strength is connected to my body. So, in essence, "Power, Energy, Strength" is the equivalent of "Soul, Mind, Body." Maybe I have a mantra.

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl! I know what you mean about "acrobatic-meets-contortionist"....I do that everyday to get my socks on!

    Miss you! You're such an amazing woman and I'm glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete