Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Staying on Track

I almost didn't use that title just in case I wanted to use it should I ever do some actual track work. Cheesy, I know. What I was referring to though was that I've actually managed to stay pretty much on my training plan. I've missed one long run, hit 3 core-training sessions, and misjudged one run. Not bad.

I ran 4 miles this morning at a 10:00 pace on the treadmill (and added a fast last quarter mile). I did a quarter-mile warmup and cooldown for a total of 4.5 today. But ouch. I'm not sure what I've done but the lower third of my left leg hurts. My right leg's not perfect either. The good news is that this is an "easy" week in my training plan...just 4 miles 3x during the week. I'll probably throw in a couple on Friday to keep my legs fresh before Saturday's 4 miles. Amazing that 4 miles doesn't seem like a huge hurdle like it used to...

I may have to hire a sitter for the next few Saturdays to get my runs in...or move my long runs to Sunday. Getting them in before church will be next to impossible though. My hubby has meetings on Saturday mornings, and those meetings will turn in games to umpire for tournaments soon. I can't not run my long runs though. And I'm not up for pushing the kids in the stroller for those long runs either.

I may have some news to share regarding my fundraising for the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure pledge program for the Dallas Rock 'N' Roll Half soon...stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I've hired babysitters to run before. Sometimes that's just what it takes.

    Good luck fitting everything in!

    ReplyDelete