Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Negative splits

I did it! I went with plan B from yesterday's post...the negative splits. I'm still pretty much lost in some sort of mathematical equation of what my pace actually was for each distance...but that's ok. Here's what I did:
1 mile warmup
1 mile at 6.3 mph
-1/4 mile recovery at 5.0 mph
3/4 mile at 6.6 mph
-1/4 mile recovery at 5.0 mph
1/2 mile at 7.0 mph
-1/4 mile recovery
1/4 mile at 7.2 mph
3/4 mile cooldown
Total: 5 miles

It felt good! No...it felt great! I can tell I'll be a little sore, but I'm still not sure I couldn't have done more.

Of course, this was all at 4:30 this morning. Five, years ago, I never in a million years would have ever guessed I would have been "up and running"...literally...at that time of the night (and yes, I consider anything before 5 night). That was the dailymile.com question today...5 years ago, would do you think that person would have thought of you now? I liked that question. Five years ago (January 2006), I was desperately trying to get pregnant. It happened later that year, but I was hyper-focused on that situation. I know the person I was then probably never dreamed that in 5 years, her biggest concerns would be how to fit a run in around her children's (yes, two) schedules, naps and family time. Kinda makes me wonder what the person I am now will think of the me 5 years from now...

And another success! I did my strength training last night...a mini-version of it actually, but at least I did it. My goal is to do it again tomorrow morning. I've made my little calendar sticker motivation chart thing. I feel like a kid again, working to earn stickers :) I'll post a picture of it tomorrow...two stickers on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment