Friday, December 16, 2011

And the winner is...

Me!

I found out yesterday as I left school that I won one of the five individual Refuel with Chocolate Milk grants for this round. I am so excited!

All of my students, family, coworkers and friends got involved in the voting, and I am so thankful! I wish I knew how many votes they all logged. It was pretty cool to see my students getting excited about it.

My plans are to use the grant to offset the cost of the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k in Dallas this February. Fitting that I use a chocolate milk grant to fund a hot chocolate event, huh? And how awesome that is it that it's my hubby's first 5k?!

I've been craving chocolate milk, even when it's not post-run...like last night, this morning, now. There just isn't anything as satisfying as a cold glass of milk. The fact that it's an incredible recovery drink after a workout, providing protein, carbs, electrolytes, and vitamins, makes it even better!

1 comment: