Monday, December 26, 2011

Disappointed

I have had a sore throat since Friday evening. I didn't run Saturday even though I wanted a nice long run. Not sleeping well and getting up early didn't sound like a good mix with the sore throat and cold weather (especially since I felt better Saturday morning than I did Friday night when we were out in the cold looking at lights). Of course, Saturday and Sunday were crazy, busy Christmas fun, so there wasn't any room for a run...not that I would have felt like it.

And here it is Monday and my throat still hurts and I don't feel like running. I know that supposedly you can still run if it's above the neck, but I can't imagine sucking in air through this throat of mine.

Then there is that never-easy question of when do I actually give in and go to the doctor. I seem to be ok...just the sore throat. I am off this week, so at least I have time to go if I decide I should. Of course, it looks like we may be taking my little buddy in too. He either has a cold or sinus infection. I just never know when to take him to the doc.

My husband has now completed Week 2 of C25K. I am so proud of him! With the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k in about 6 weeks, I don't want my training and endurance to get derailed.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be fine. Better to rest now and be healthy, than wear yourself out and get sick just before the race.

    Tell Chad "Way to go!!".

    ReplyDelete