Sunday, December 18, 2011

Feeling a little lost

No training plan...a race two months away. I'm feeling a liitle lost. In all the Christmas craziness, I haven't had time to sit down and make any kind of plan. I keep thinking that with a couple of weeks off, I'll be able to catch up, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. With two kids at home every day, it's a lot more likely that I'll be breaking up arguments, cleaning messes slightly slower than they're made, making breakfast, lunch, and snacks, doing laundry and dishes, and trying to entertain two "bored" kids.

So, what would I like to do with the time off instead?
1. Make a training plan
2. Read
3. Wrap gifts (because there isn't a single gift under the tree)
4. Nap
5. Restock my breakfast cookies by baking with the kids

But I know I will be able to enjoy these things so much more if I get caught up first. First thing in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christy,

    It's tough to balance running with all the other things in our lives, especially around the holidays when you have young kids, but then you could make up a plan to...

    -make a plan to, run, read, wrap gifts, nap and restock the breakfast cookies by...

    Sneaking away one night after the kids are in bed and write down when you have free time, if any..

    then divide these times up to do those things and enlist others who might be able to help you... including your husband and other relatives.

    I hope you don't mind me suggesting stuff.

    By the way, if you get a chance, stop by my running blog and say hello. I found your blog looking for other runners. Good luck.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is always crazy and I tend to crave the structure of a plan! Good luck getting it all in line!

    ReplyDelete