Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post-Thanksgiving Fun

I have only been shopping on Black Friday once, and that was just a random "let's see what this is like" trip. Until now. I ended up getting talked into going Thursday night for some Black Friday shopping. I went with Sarah, and we had another group of friends out as well, who we met up with a couple of times.

We hit up Michael's first. They'd been open since four, so when we got there a little before 8, it wasn't bad at all. We got some good deals there, especially since we had 30% total purchase coupon. Then we headed to Toys R Us...Oh. My. Goodness. We stood in a line out into the parking lot...and they'd already been open for an hour! We got the things were looking for and stood in the line that snaked up and down the aisles...but really, we weren't there as long as I thought we'd be. We took a break for "dinner" at McDonald's and then headed to Sears for a few things. It wasn't bad at all. After that, it was on to Kohl's where we stood in another line out into the parking lot. We met up with our friends there. We didn't have much of an agenda there, but we found a few good deals there too (including a Christmas present for me!). After that, we went to IHOP. I'm not sure what meal that was, but it sure was fun! Overall, I'd say I'd do it again!

I got home after 3:30 in the morning and got a few hours of sleep before it was time to get up and at 'em for our next Thanksgiving adventure.

With Chad having the Friday after Thanksgiving off and unseasonable warm temperatures this November, we had decided to go camping Friday-Sunday a couple of weeks ago. We ended up planning a trip with his family, including having our Thanksgiving meal with them while we were camping.


We had a cold front blow in (just shortly after I got home from Black Friday shopping), so it was cooler than expected. In fact, Thursday night, it got down to 28! Still, we made the most of it and had a lot of fun...a few walks, a little fishing, a lot of playing, a little learning, and some good food...and I even got up and ran 5 miles this morning...a gorgeous, wonderful 5 miles!


1 comment: