Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Time for Change

I've had this thought rolling around in my brain for quite some time, but I was never able to figure out how to make it work. And now I have.

For a while, I've had two blogs: Another Mile Down and One Scrap Away. The Another Mile Down blog was devoted to my fitness endeavors. The One Scrap Away blog was devoted to cooking and crafts and my family. And it made me feel like I had a split personality...which I don't. I don't think.

I thought about just changing the name of Another Mile Down to Half a Mile More in a nod to a mantra I tell myself a lot, referencing the poem "The Charge of the Light Brigade" and its "half a league more." I didn't like that Another Mile Down seemed negative, like it was all about logging the miles and getting them done. And while there are days like that, that's not why I run. I liked that Half a Mile More seemed a little more positive...focusing on what was to come rather than what was done...and maybe encouraging me to always give that little bit more.

But instead, I decided to combine the two blogs into one, titled Home.Heart.Health. so that I can cover all of the things important to me. Yes, there will still be a lot of my running stuff on it, mainly because running fills my heart with joy, gives me time to myself, connects me with others, and is important to me. And of course, it definitely fits in to the "health" category.

I'm reading The Happiness Project right now, and it's gotten me to thinking. I have a feeling there are more changes on the way in my life. Writing these blogs makes me happy, though, and so I've found a way to make them work for me.

So, welcome to the new blog!

1 comment:

  1. You've hit upon a great title, Christy. Fits you perfectly. Keep on writing, and running. I'll be watching. =) Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete