Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekly Mileage Report

This heat is just killing me. I've yet to figure out the secret to making it work. I get up early to run, even on weekends. I carry water or nuun with me. I've been wanting to try drinking a slushy before I run, but the blender would wake up at least one kid if I did that. I just don't know what else I can do, except slog through the runs and wait for cooler weather, which isn't likely soon. We've already had 50 days of 100+ temps this year, a milestone we've never reached in July before.

I did try out my new CEP calf compression sleeves this morning. I honestly don't know what I think of them yet. I had hoped to go farther this morning and thought they'd come in handy. However, they did keep my legs a little warm, and I'm not sure if that was good or bad. I'm going to try them again on Monday for a shorter, slightly-speedier run.

Mileage Report:
Weekly: 13.5 miles
YTD: 418.2 miles

I know the runs have been hard here lately, so I've decided to give myself some motivation for this upcoming week. I'm participating in the Hotter Than Hades Virtual Half Marathon, running 13.1 miles between July 15 and August 15 (and it doesn't all have to be done at once).



I'm planning on running it all this week, hopefully in 3 runs. I'll start off on Monday, my birthday, by running the FuelBelts Hydration Hustle Virtual 5K hosted by Moms Run This Town.

It's kind of neat way to celebrate my birthday, considering 2 years ago, I ran my "3 miles at 30" race. My 30th birthday is what kickstarted my running in the first place. And while I won't have the race atmosphere, that's ok. It will be my own celebration of running. Besides, that race 2 years ago was so small, it won't feel much different :)


Before the race with my sister

And after...thrilled to have finished, but that race kicked my butt

 My running has definitely come a long way!

2 comments:

  1. Weekly: 10.33 miles (took it easy my first week back)
    YTD: 152 miles

    The family and I are out of town for the next 2 weeks. Going to do my best to stay with my training plan. Have the Dirty Dash (k5) coming up in 2 weeks and my 10K in a month and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's right! Something to be proud of, for sure :) I am signed up for some virtual races too and I'm looking for motivation in this blazing heat! I can't say I'm ready for winter, but I'd sure like some 70 degree running weather, with a slight breeze!!!

    ReplyDelete