Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family run



We had told the kids that we would take them on a run, a first for us, this weekend if it was nice. It wasn't. But that didn't stop us!


Notice her BondiBand, SPI Belt and running "tights" :)
It was cool and rainy, but we geared up and got the jogger out for our first family run. I love that we didn't let the weather stop us! We had so much fun together. SB ran the whole first mile and did awesome! Ryan, at just 4, handled a lot more than I thought he would. He hopped in and out of the jogger quite a bit, but that was what made this run so great...no set pace or distance, just us being active.



We actually ran to McDonald's (about 1.25 miles in about 20 minutes), had lunch, and ran/walked home (almost another mile in about 17 minutes). I stopped the watch if we were loading or unloading the jogger.

Yes, I know running to McDonald's might seem a little ironic, but the alternative was having Dad pick it up and eat it in front of the TV.

I have to say that this run ranks right up there with some of my best!

1 comment: