Even though I haven't been as consistent as last month, I'm still trying to blog more, and one way I'm doing that is with Fitness Cheerleader's blog challange again. Today, it's about new healthy foods.
Some of these may not be "new," but they are things I didn't eat before I started eating better and running.
1. Oatmeal. I never liked the stuff when I was younger, but now I love it...especially the chocolate Lavish one.
2. Yogurt. Again, I didn't eat yogurt growing up. And now I make my own with a super easy crockpot recipe. I love it with a little fruit and granola. I don't eat the flavored storebought kinds...only mine. I like knowing what is (or isn't) in it.
3. Bagel/Sandwich Thins. I love these with a little peanut butter and sliced banana before a long run or for breakfast. I also found a mini pita pocket that has only 80 calories.
4. Sargento's ultra thin cut cheese. I know cheese is high in calories and fat, but having these ultra thin cuts helps me from overeating on something I really enjoy. One slice is just 40 calories, and one slice is plenty for a sandwich. It sure beats the 100 calories in a piece of American sliced cheese.
5. PB2. This is a brand new find for me, and I love it. I've had it with an apple and on a bagel thin with banana already this week. With just 45 calories and 1.5g of fat, it keeps me from overindulging on a good thing.
Like I said, I know these aren't all "new" foods, but they help me keep my diet on track.