Monday, April 13, 2009

Looking forward to this weekend!

This weekend I am headed to an all-day crop with my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, and several good friends...one of which is new to this scrapbooking stuff. I really, really want to make a little gift for all of them. It's nothing big, and it's actually an idea I'm stealing from my sister. She made my mom and me each a jar of small embellishments, some of which she cut on her Cricut. I want to do the same for those who didn't get this (my MIL and friends). I also have an idea for my mom and sister. I found the cutest plain white boxes to alter...think old school pencil boxes before plastic was the "in" thing, except in a smaller square shape. I just don't know how to make the paper look nice on the edges. Hmmm...things to ponder.

Anyway, this is a much needed creative weekend, one I hope I'm able to preplan for. Even if I'm not, the outlet that crafting, esp. with such a great group of women, is what I'm really anticipating! I need a mental break right now! I hope to come away from the weekend recharged and renewed as we head into the last few weeks of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment