Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let the training begin...

Tomorrow morning marks the beginning of another 8-week training period for a 10K I have planned September 25. My goal? Run the whole thing this time. That's it. Well, not really. I'd like to finish in less time than last, and considering I had to walk quite a bit of the last one, that should seem like a no-brainer. I'm hoping so.

But what the training means is that I have to a) stick with the plan, b) make a plan, and c) eat right. Ok, so maybe b should come before a, but I do have a basic plan...just have to figure out the strength training bit and work on stretching. Guess I'd better get on that, huh?

But the eating right part...driving me crazy. I know in my head what to do...it's just the doing that's so hard. I'm hoping when school starts, eating right will be easier since I won't be here to snack all the time. I also plan meals more carefully because I know we have to have dinner in the house and ready to go. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment