Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reflecting

I am thrilled looking back on my first week of training for 10K #2...and I realize how lucky I am that I have a husband that supports me in my running. He never once complained that I set the alarm for 6:30 on a Saturday morning, and in fact, said that he admires anyone that can do that. And he said he knows I needed to run...."needed"...I love that he realizes how important this is to me. It's not just a want...it's a need...a need to be active, a need to be outside, a need to be healthy, a need for time on my own, a need. Wow. I'm so lucky.

Of course, this will get trickier as I go back to school this week with training and inservice on Thursday and Friday. 6 a.m. becomes 5 a.m. and my bedtime gets earlier. I know that cuts into our couple time.

But today is a rest day...for my mind and body. A day of reflection. And that's what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment