Monday, November 22, 2010

Gotta love that treadmill

I know that most people hate the treadmill, and I will readily agree that running outside is so much better...but the alternative is not running, so I'll gladly take that running contraption in my garage.

I wasn't able to run my long run this weekend due to the Mission Hope Craft Show that my mom organized again this year on Saturday and a killer headache on Sunday. But with the White Rock Marathon Relay just two weeks away, I know I need to log some miles. So I did. I got up at 4:30 this morning and logged 5 miles in 50 minutes! I'm thrilled with that. I did learn a couple of things though: 1. The garage is not cold enough yet for long tights, but I did like the compression feeling of the tights themselves. 2. Running without the iPod is great for shorter distances, but the longer distances? Not so much. Lucky for me that even though my iPod wasn't charged, we have Dish on the TV out there and I can get the Sirius/XM stations on it.

This morning's run was helpful in more ways than just logging miles. I went to bed really feeling uneasy and restless. Nothing's really wrong. I just couldn't sleep because I've got a lot on my mind. Money. The holidays. Cooking. Doctor's appointments. Possible injuries. The kids. Parenting in general. The house. I just felt like a jumbled mess. I can't say that 5 miles was a miracle worker, but I definitely feel a little more capable of handling these things.

And with that being said, I must head home and get some of those things under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment