Thursday, April 26, 2012

Three Thing Thursday

And now for this week's edition of total randomness...
1. State testing is brutal. It has been an extremely long, trying week. For two days, I had a "holding room" of students who weren't testing (but the rest of the building was). They weren't my own students, and keeping them quiet and seated was like pushing bubbles to the bottom of the ocean floor. Today and tomorrow, I have testing students. There is a four-hour time limit, but most finished it under two. Again, trying to keep them quiet is almost impossible. We're all going stir-crazy. I am so glad it's almost over!

2. I snuck in a run during SB's soccer practice. It was hotter than I thought it was. For the first half mile, I felt like I was dragging around tree trunks for legs. But it got a little better. And it felt good to hit the pavement, even for a little while. I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump or funk when it comes to running. Something just feels off. Nothing hurts...but the running is harder than it has been in recent weeks.

3. We're still in the middle of some crazy busy weeks. I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though...just have a few more soccer games, tball games, practices, afterschool meetings, school events...and a double birthday party and one preschool graduation! It's all fun, but I'm ready for a little down time!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to "the light at the end of the tunnel". Mike comes home in about 6 hours!

    ReplyDelete