Monday, August 13, 2012

Quotable Quotes

This is part of Fitness Cheerleader's blog challenge.

When it comes to quotes, Pinterest is a never-ending supply of motivational sayings and posters. But when I think of quotes that have stuck with me, I have just a few.

The first few come from my family growing up. We often said, "That which does not kill you will make you stronger," "This too shall pass," and "If it can go wrong, it will" far too often to count. These were used when we camped, when we went through rough situations, or when something went wrong around the house (and in an almost-100-year-old house, that was often).

The one I've liked here lately is "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step." I had this in my classroom last year (until it got painted over at the beginning of summer), and I think it applies to so many situations...training for a half marathon, a life path, a weight loss journey, raising children, changing finances...and the list goes on.

What saying motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment