Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Sound-Off

I decided to make this morning's long run 11 miles and do just 9 next week. I was leary of running 11 the weekend before the race. Let me tell you...that was a hard 11 miles! First, I was overdressed. I didn't realize how warm it really was outside and wore my long tights and arm warmers. I hooked those into my SpiBelt by mile 3. I also did not have enough water...again. I should have stashed some somewhere, but I just didn't. There were times I'm pretty sure walking would have been faster. But I'm stubborn and wouldn't walk. Ok, that's not totally true. I did walk once while I was trying to get the sports beans package open.

I think part of the problem was that I didn't find my rhythm for a couple of miles. I could see my ponytail bouncing in my shadow and knew something was off. And I focused too much of what didn't feel right (i.e. hurt) instead of focusing on the run.

Still, having run 11 tells me that I can do the 13.1! What I thought was impossible isn't!

So here's the weekly mileage:
Weekly: 23 miles (my first 20+ week!)
YTD: 160.1 miles

Post your miles here!

1 comment:

  1. Weekly: 37

    I will be running Rock and Roll Dallas if you want a running partner let me know. P.S I will look up my yearly total and post soon.

    ReplyDelete