Monday, May 2, 2011

Anniversaries

Ten years ago today, my dear hubby asked me to be his wife. It's amazing what we've been through in the past 10 years, and I consider myself blessed to have him in my life. He is my rock, my encourager, my friend, my life. Without him I wouldn't have my two sweet kids and I wouldn't be who I am today.

But today is another anniversary...it's my runniversary! Two years ago today, I attempted to run in our church's Run for the Son, a simple 5K. I say "attempted" because we couldn't even finish the whole 5K. That was it for me. I started running that very week. Here we are at that race:



That was 2 years and 20 pounds ago. I have to say, it's been an incredible two years of growth and pain (don't those things always seem to go hand-in-hand?). If you want to read more about the journey I've been on, check out this link: Looking Back.

I am so grateful for running and all the things it has given me:
-a strong body that can carry me many miles
-energy to play with my kids, even after a day of work
-purpose as I raise money for charities and tackle a new challenge
-a sense of healthiness
-a reason to make good choices about food
-sanity

I am looking forward to many more years of running, but for the next year, I'm looking forward to several running-specific things. First, I'm looking to break one hour in a 10K. Second, I want to break 25 in a 5K. And third, I get to run a half marathon with my best friend!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me happy to see you so happy! And brings a tear to my eye to know you're as excited as I am!! I love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete