Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday set up

With surgery this past week and now an upper respiratory infection, I haven't been really concerned with what I've been eating...and I can't workout yet. That means that today, I am planning for how to make this week a success in all areas.

Food
It is time to get back on track. For breakfasts, I'm going to stick to fruit and yogurt, oatmeal (especially if I can remember to make overnight oats), and eggs...but obviously not all at once.

For lunches, we usually do sandwiches or leftovers. My goal will be to have plenty of fruits and veggies.

For dinner...well, I need to plan this one out a little better. I see a trip to the store in my near future. The one thing I do want is Manwich...that has always been what I've picked for my birthday meal, but with a sore throat this past week, I wasn't able to eat it.

Workouts
I'm not cleared for running yet, but I'm thinking I can walk each morning for a little bit. I know I would feel better getting up and moving. I'm going to wait until this z-pack kicks in though before I give it a try.

House
I've been very good this week with not doing more than I should, but I think I'm ok now to resume light housework. Working for 15 minutes and then resting a few should make it manageable.

Projects
I had a huge list of projects to do this summer, and I haven't finished a single one. Sad. My goal this week is to do one, from getting the supplies to completion. Right now, that goal is to figure out a way to corral the kids' shoes. The huge buckets just aren't working. I had really cute projects in mind, but I think I'm going to have to cut myself some slack and just buy something that will work.

Kid stuff
Lots of goals for and with them...with them this week, I hope to make sidewalk chalk paint, have a sponge ball fight and play with bubbles. For learning, I hope to finish at least two busy bags for each of them.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know what I can do to help this weekend! Any projects you want to tackle?

    And, yes, I think you'll feel better if you get outside and walk a bit.

    Can't wait! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling much better this week!!! A walk may help a lot! I LOVE Manwich! My husband always teases me because I always want to buy it at the store! He calls me ghetto...I'm glad someone else shares the love!

    ReplyDelete