Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Planning

Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
― Benjamin Franklin

I've got to say, I'm learning this one the hard way again. You'd think I'd have learned it by now.  

I didn't plan my winter races well, and I missed out on a chance to do a full marathon in my hometown. Now, with this crazy season of our lives, training isn't really feasible. Lesson learned.  

I was eating super healthy during our fast (Daniel Fast for me), and it was all about planning. Once that ended, I quit planning my meals and snacks. While the number on the scale has stayed the same, the way my body has reacted has not. Lesson learned.  

School is crazy right now, mainly because I haven't done the planning necessary to take care of all the irons in the fire. And now I'm stressed and behind. Lesson learned.

So, I'm working on planning the things I can control...mainly workouts and food. The food thing seems to make the biggest difference in the way I feel (which carries over to all the other things I  have to do). I've found that if I plan our family meals, my breakfasts, lunches and snacks, I make much healthier choices overall. My mid-morning green smoothie has become something I look forward to...and it helps keep the rest of the day on track. I may have to add an afternoon smoothie!

We're also planning some remodel/redecorating projects. We're almost done painting the living/dining/kitchen spaces in our house. Along with that has come some new decorating ideas, like rugs, prints, etc. The next project is one I'm really excited about...and one that is going to take a lot of planning! We're finally going to turn the garage into a family play room...workout area, TV/game area, kids' area...so exciting! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Planning is really hard sometimes. I struggle to follow a plan...

    ReplyDelete