Saturday, November 22, 2014

I'm back!

It has been far too long since I've blogged. This has not been a good running year. After having a great first marathon experience in January, I seemed to be fine, until about three weeks after. Then I battled Achilles tendinitis for months. I restarted running in the summer and worked my way up from a mile to 3 or 4 by September...when I either broke my tail bone or tore the tendons around it.

But today. Today rocked!

I ran my first race since my marathon with my mom and sister. In the pouring rain too! It was my sister's first race since her marathon and since having a baby in August.

We weren't even sure the race would happen as it was thundering and lightning most of the afternoon. But there were about 40 of us crazy enough to show up. We were able to run in the pouring rain, and it was awesome!

Mom and I placed 3rd in our AGs, and Carrie placed 2nd. So cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment