Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Strength Training

It's still a battle. I just have not figured out how to make strength training a habit. I know I should just get up at the same time all week and make Tuesday/Thursday my strenth training days, but I just can't get out of bed early on those days. So I had this idea that I could do it Tuesday/Thursday evenings. As dumb as it is, one of my reasons is I have to wash my hair anyways on Wednesdays and Fridays after my runs anyway, so it'd save me that time. And of course, while I was dreaming, I could imagine my hubby walking on the treadmill while I did my circuit. Yeah, right. Part of the problem is all we do in the evenings is watch TV. I'd love to shoot that thing. Really, I would. I know I like some shows we watch and I enjoy a good comedy or cooking show...but I really wouldn't miss it. I know I'd be so much more productive, both in the fitness world and in my homemaking. Why is it so hard to do the things we know we need to do...and even want to do?! And why am I here typing when I could be getting this done? Oh, wait...the two munchkins in the other room...that's why. I can't do anything until they are snuggly in bed. We're working on it.

I am working on my next training plan. My family will be doing the White Rock Marathon Relay in December. I'll have one of the 10K legs (or something close to it). I'm going to stick with something pretty close to what I did for my last 10K since it went well. I do want to amp up the speedwork and get that strength training going. The biggest obstacle is the Susan G. Komen 3-Day smack-dab in the middle of my training. I'm just not sure how long that will sideline me, if at all. I don't want it to, but I have a feeling it will to some degree. Blisters? Pain? Exhaustion? All of the above? The unknown is the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment