Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Mileage Report

Today's run was nothing fancy. It was over 80 degrees when I started a little after 6 a.m. I knew it would be a slow one, and that was ok with me. I ended up going 5.5 miles and walking another mile to get home.

The problem, though, started a little while after my run. I felt a headache coming and tried to cut it off at the pass with OTC meds, more water, and a bottle of nuun. It didn't work. After brunch and a little birthday gift shopping, I retreated to our nice, cool bedroom. While I did sleep a little bit, the headache stayed put. My mom got a headache after her run today too and neither one of us has found a solution. I'm thinking I probably need some Gatorade or some salt. I'm trying caffeine now with an iced coffee. It's not as bad as it was, but it's definitely set up camp up there.

I'm beginning to think the crunches are bothering my neck/back muscles and that's the cause of the increase in headaches this week. I hate to give them up though. I'm actually sticking with something for once.

Mileage Report:
Weekly: 14.7 miles
YTD: 404.7 miles

This happens to be week 27 of the year, just over halfway, and I'm well over halfway to my goal of 1100km in 2011! And with half training beginning in a couple of months, I know I'll make it! Maybe I should adjust my goal?

The best part of this week was running with my little buddy on Monday. Still makes me smile :)

1 comment:

  1. No miles for me this week... but I guess that's understandable. I can't wait to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete