Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meeting Parker

So yesterday morning, I got up at 6 as planned for a 5 or 6 mile run, but I had a text from my sister (sent about an hour earlier) saying to text her when I got up. I was already dressed and out on the porch putting on my shoes when I heard back from her...well, actually from her husband. They were at the hospital in labor! She'd been having contractions less than five minutes apart since about 4:30. I gave my mom a call and she was getting ready to head to the hospital but said for me to go ahead and run. I went ahead and figured I could get a few miles in...and did two miles faster than I have in a long time...18:30. I got a call at the end of two saying my sister was 5-6 cm dilated, so I figured I'd go ahead and get ready to go, especially since I realized I hadn't finished the diaper wreath for my sister's door, which I finished in the waiting room at the hospital. Nothing like a little motivation...


I spent most of the day at the hospital and got to spend some time visiting with my sister while she was in labor...she did fabulously (is that a word?)! Little Parker arrived at 2:06 p.m. weighing 8 lb 4 oz and measuring 22 inches long.


And I know she was super excited that Parker decided to make his arrival a little earlier than anticipated. They had actually scheduled an induction for Tuesday. Plus, she met her goal of walking 300 miles before he arrived toward the end of this week.


So, I may have come up short in the weekly mileage, but I don't mind at all. Meeting my nephew was worth it :)

Mileage Report:
Weekly: 11 miles
YTD: 390 miles

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being at the hospital! It was always nice to see you walk in the door. You were part of my motivation... it was someone who had been where I was and had lived to tell the tale (LOL).
    As for my miles, I don't have my exact number for the week (that would include me leaving the couch and I'm not about to move from a comfortable spot). But like you said, I hit 300 miles!
    Weekly miles- roughly 11.5 (exact number is calculated some where)
    YTP- 300 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete