Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happiness is...

Happiness is...

-A long run with my sister on a cold morning (but not as cold as it could be this time of year)
-A warm vanilla to warm up after that post-run chill sets in
-A little cat nap and a lazy morning after a long run
-A yummy lunch of French dips, caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms
-A second nap
-Hearing my kids play together in the backyard
-Having the windows open...yes, in January!
-Jumping on the trampoline with my kids and husband and enjoying the beautiful weather (how many calories does that burn?!)
-Catching up on TV shows with the family
-Learning something new
-Catching up on scrapbooking (now that I'm going digital!)

So that makes for one very happy day!

I have battled a headache all day, but I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't do a very good job of fueling before or after my run, especially considering electrolytes. I tried to fix the problem, a little late, by having some tomatoes with plenty of salt and some Nuun. It helped some, but that headache is still vaguely there.

And I have done this week's challenge of looking back. Part of that was while I was scrapbooking with my mom and sister yesterday. I've also looked back at my blog. It's always neat to see how far I've come in my running and all the fun things I've done with my family. And today marks the anniversary of my grandmother's passing. I have a scrapbook of just her, and I plan on looking through it tonight and remembering her and her life.

Mileage Report
This week: 15.25 miles (today's long run will be in next week's mileage...my week runs Sunday-Saturday)
YTD: 25.25 miles

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful and perfect day!

    Week: 11 miles
    YTD: 14 miles

    ReplyDelete