Sunday, April 1, 2012

Prematurity Sucks Virtual 5k

Notice the fog behind us...crazy weird! It was hot, humid and foggy!
Yesterday morning, my hubby had a meeting. Earlier in the week, I bribed the kids with McDonald's for breakfast while he was gone in an effort to get them up and moving faster than last weekend...which was about the pace of molasses in winter. So, we got up and going and ran my Prematurity Sucks Virtual 5K in pieces. I couldn't think of a better way to honor and remember preemies than to run with my own precious kids.

We started off all running. That lasted .2 miles, and both kids wanted in the jogger. I pushed them the rest of the mile to breakfast (made that mile in 11:30, including stopping to load them up and pushing the 100 pounds), where we enjoyed eating and being a little silly. Ryan loved his Green Lantern mask, and SB turned her Squinkie toy into her own Purple Ear Girl super hero costume.



I pushed them a little while after leaving McD's, but then SB decided she'd run again. We walked/ran for a while longer, stopping at a garage sale for a few minutes before heading home. The kids had had enough, and I was only at 2.27 miles, so I hopped on the treadmill and finished my 5k. Overall, it was fun. The kids loved when I'd "pop a wheelie" with them in the jogger.



Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go for longer walks (or runs) with me. Granted, we won't be running to McDonald's (that would mean we're all running an ultra-marathon)...but even little walks around our property and in the fields would be fun!

    ReplyDelete