Saturday, August 28, 2010

Change Up


We, the hubby, SB, and R, all rode in a 10K bike ride this morning. We divided up girls and boys with the bike trailers/bikes, and went after it. It was just one ride as part of the Hotter N Hell weekend. We had family in some of the other distances as well: mom in the 25 mile, dad in the 50 mile and sis in the 100K. Everyone finished and did well. Our ride was on a trail, which was very nice, but it was an out-and-back trail which made passing difficult once you started to meet those who had already turned around, especially with us pulling trailers.

It was a definite change-up from my running routine, and while I missed my long, outdoor run a little this morning, the family outing was an adventure and so much fun. I'm hoping that next year, we can make 25 miles!

Bike riding is not my favorite cross-training activity, but my husband prefers it to running. He was a rock star this morning and did so well. I couldn't be prouder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment