Friday, August 13, 2010

Yep, setback

I woke up and got out of bed this morning and my legs felt a whole lot better...so I got dressed and headed out the door. I gave jogging a try...and made it 10 steps when I realized that wasn't going to work. My shins are just too painful. I don't think it's true shin splints because the pain is low and on the outside, more like the connection between my foot and shin. However, it doesn't matter because I still can't run. No long run for me tomorrow :(

This is so disappointing because my runs last weekend and week felt amazing...well, except fot that devil called speedwork. I don't think I'll be doing that kind of speedwork again. I'll stick to tempo runs, fartleks, and interval runs. And hills, but I'm only going to do that once while I'm training for this 10K.

I really needed that run this morning too. It was my first day back to school for inservice, and I could have used an outlet. I always hate going back...I miss the kids, I feel guilty for craving routine again, I regret all that we didn't get done. And on top of that, there are other things causing a little case of the blues. A run would have done me good. But instead, I have an injury to regret as well.

I'll try to think of this as a rest. Granted, it's sort of mandatory at this point, but I wouldn't have had time for a long run tomorrow anyway. So, rest it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment