Friday, August 6, 2010

Making it work

Mistake #1: Not doing the strength training first thing in the morning. One thing leads to another and it doesn't get done.

However, I did do some resistance work in the pool while the kids were swimming...biceps, triceps, lats, pushups against the ladder. I'm sure they aren't as effective as weights, but it worked for a start.

I did finally do my legs and core at 9:30 last night. It didn't take long and all it did was show me how much I really need the strength training. I can't wait to see how a stronger core plays out with my running.

It was a hot, muggy run this morning even though I was out at 6 a.m. Guess I'll be getting up early on a Saturday tomorrow to get my long run in before it gets hot. I'm scheduled for a 4-miler tomorrow, and with my pace, I'm figuring almost an hour. I know. I'm slow. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment