Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting there

After Saturday's walk, I was very, very sore. As in, it hurt to move sore. I should have taken an ice bath, but I didn't. And I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated. But, I'm getting better. I went to bed with a heat pack on my back last night and it's a little looser today. I rolled every possible part of my body as well last night. I got some compression sleeves yeseterday and wore them for a few hours yesterday and taught in them most of today. And I have to say, I'm a believer. My calves are much better this evening. I'm going to use the foam roller again tonight.

My plan is to stay hydrated, get and stay loose, and get two easy runs in this week. That's it. That's not what I had planned originally for this week, but it's all about adjusting to what happens.

I still have no idea what I'm going to run in this weekend. I wanted to find a longer running skirt, but it looks like my capris may win out again. I'm hoping a 7:30 run is cool enough for that.

I didn't get to experiment as much as I wanted with Gu, sport beans, and other fuels. I think I'll stick with the beans for now. And I'm considering a couple of things: 1. running without an iPod and 2. running with a water bottle. And now, I've got my compression sleeves to consider. Wow...I just have not gotten this down yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment