Saturday, September 11, 2010

Two things I forgot

1. I tried Gu for the first time today. I had the Espresso My Love with the 2x caffeine. I didn't feel any effects of the Gu, to be honest, except that I was jittery when I finished the race. I didn't take it til 1.5 miles of the 5K, although I had already run 1.5 before the race. Maybe I should have taken it earlier? I don't know. I may try the uncaffeinated version during my long run next weekend to see...and maybe start off taking it. If it doesn't go well, I'll just stick with my 6 beans, even though I just about suffocate trying to chew those things!

2. I also found that I really prefer to run without the iPod. I do run with the iPod on the treadmill during the weeks, but I don't wear it for my long runs on Saturdays. I found it really distracting today. And I think that some of my songs had too slow of a beat which actually kept me from running as fast as I might have on my own. I pulled the earphones out with about a half mile to go...wish I would have sooner.

Besides, I really need to update my playlist. I just don't listen to music enough to know what to pick...and there are tons of playlists out there, but I get so overwhelmed trying to pick a few new songs to buy...goodness knows I can't afford to completely revamp those playlists.

No comments:

Post a Comment