Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Speedwork

I'm getting faster! I really am! I did speedwork this morning...3x800 at 7mph (with the last one increasing to 8mph) with 400 recoveries at 6mph. On my treadmill, the mph is all I have to go by. However, I found this: Treadmill Pace Conversions. I'm going to post this in front of my treadmill! Since my training plan from SmartCoach tells me how fast in minutes/mile to go, it's kind of necessary to have some clue.

That means I ran 2 4:16 half-miles followed by one in 4:06. Not bad. Especially since I kept my recovery at a 10:00 mile (or 2:30 quarter mile).

I've got a five-miler coming up this weekend, and I'm hoping I can get outside to run it.

2 comments:

  1. YEA! I'm so impressed! Have fun on your run this weekend! I'll keep you posted on the outcome of my race on Sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you! I know you are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete