Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fruits of the Spirit

In the Bible study my friend Chandra and I are doing together (God's Wisdom for a Mother's Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth), a recent day had us looking at Galatians 5:22-23 and the fruits of the spirit. The book suggested we look for these things in our kids and praise and affirm them when we see these qualities.

I decided to make them each a visual reminder of these traits. We've decided to make this an Easter project. Our goal is to learn about and demonstrate each of the 9 fruits of the spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control...before Easter.
The picture shows what it will look like when we are done. For now, they each have a little tree of their own that is blank. We'll add the fruits as I "catch" them showing one of the qualities. It's already led to some really good discussions with them about growing in Christ and how we show people these things.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea! I can't wait for A & M to get a little older so I can do this with them!!! Really really awesome!

    ReplyDelete