Thursday, February 23, 2012

Three Thing Thursday

1. I decided kind of last minute to give up Facebook for Lent. This isn't really a part of our church's practices, but for the past couple of years, my hubby and I have given up something. I realized I spend way too much time doing absolutely nothing on Facebook. I have nothing against it and really do enjoy keeping up with friends on there, but feeling like I need to check it when I wake up, get to school, leave school, etc. wasn't good. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be, actually. It's such a habit to click on that app on my phone.

2. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now. It's not that there's anything big looming over my head. It's just all the little things that feel like the tiny snowflakes that make up an avalanche. I have always been a very type A person, and I've somehow morphed into a very type B personality. I was always stressed like that, but this isn't any better. I need routine, crave it, really. I've got routine as far as each day, running, etc., but it's the other junk...the cleaning, meal planning, grocery shopping, work projects...that I need to fit into my schedule. And strength training. I have got to fit that it in.

3. On a different note, we're planning a Mother's Day run for our family. The details are still in the works, but it should be a lot of fun. All of us, including the little ones in strollers, running or walking together, followed by brunch.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a Mother's Day run. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete