Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend run


This weekend's long run was moved back to Saturday because we wanted to go to the early service at church to see two sweet girls be baptized. Their parents are in our small group, and they are friends with our daughter. I'm glad we were able to go.

The run kicked off a busy weekend, but that's the best way, right?

Carrie and I met up for a planned 8. I told her when we started that I wasn't sure I could go that far. However, the run went by pretty quickly. It's amazing how that happens when you're running with someone. We had to walk once...blame that one on a cranky tummy...but it was a good run. I actually felt like my body...well, at least my legs...could have run a couple more. Love that feeling.

I'm counting this run as my Moms Run This Town February Fitness Challenge. I forgot to print my bib, so the picture of my sister and me will have to do.




I've got a couple more virtual runs planned for March, but my hubby and I are looking for another real race. We thought we had one picked, a local 5k, but then we realized that it was at the same time as our church's Easter egg drop. Back to looking again...

Mileage Report
Weekly: 24.7 miles
YTD: 136.5 miles

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great run and so happy to hear about the baptisms!

    Week: 16.5 miles
    YTD: 98 miles (if I had known that, I would have done a few extra this week!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i've said before, i need a running buddy SO BAD! congrats on the run. my husband and i are looking for some races in march and april, and like you guys, we keep running into scheduling issues. we are ready for another 10K, we really enjoyed ours yesterday...that might be my favorite distance!

    ReplyDelete