Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Try It Tuesday

This weekend, we had a great family fun run and brunch...and I ended up with lots of leftover oatmeal. So, yesterday, I turned the leftovers into muffins. Here's what I did...

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. brown sugar (could have been more)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
A dash of salt
1/2 an apple, diced
1 container (snack size) unsweetened applesauce
1 cup leftover cooked oatmeal
1 egg

I mixed all of this together and made it into 11 muffins. I cooked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. I think these should freeze well and make an easy breakfast for me. The texture is pretty hearty. I can think of lots of ways to change these up too...bananas, pumpkin, blueberries, etc.

2 comments:

  1. You could add flax seed meal too some extra fiber, protein, and omega-3's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Chandra's response, too! Muffins go quick in our house! We like to buy bananas and then not eat them so we have to turn them into muffins...

    ReplyDelete