Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Check-In

This has been a rough week. Nothing major...but I don't want to hide the fact that I'm struggling. I feel like I've got a lot of mental clutter...to-do lists, comparisons, should have's, should do's, pity parties and the like. Not a good place to be.

It's no surprise then that yesterday's race didn't go as I'd hoped. As in, I finshed next to last. It was hot and windy, but that's no excuse. Everyone had to battle the same conditions. I, however, had to battle my head. Not easy. And not fun.

My sister ran the 5K with her friend then came back out on the course to find me. I'm so glad she did. I needed to run with someone and not feel so alone.

I'm proud of my husband! He has been super busy lately and hasn't had time to train, but he did the 5K anyway!


This week's mileage:
Weekly: 16.8 miles
YTD: 264 miles (in an effort to save time, I'm just going with what Daily Mile says)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your run didn't go as well as you'd hoped. Give me a call if you need to chat. I've been battling the "blahs" myself.

    Week: 9 miles
    YTD: 269 miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your race didn't go well and that you aren't in a good place right now. You'll get through this. {{{hugs}}} Don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete