Thursday, May 10, 2012

Who am I kidding?

If I had really taken today off as a Mother's Day gift to myself, I'd be gearing up for a run in the cooler temps outside.

My dream to-do list for the day would look something like this:
-have an awesome run outside
-come home, shower and go back to bed
-nap!
-pedicure and maybe a massage
-read a book or some magazines
-and while I'm still dreaming, I'd come home to a sparkling clean house

Instead, today's to-do list looks more like a checklist for a NASA space launch:
-get daughter to school
-get gas
-take son to school
-run errands for Mother's Day gifts
-Mother's Day tea at preschool....this is one I'm excited about!
-Social Security office for a replacement card
-groceries
-make appointments
-deal with health insurance claims
-clean house...which is a whole other list of its own
-do some cooking
-make yogurt

Yes, that is the real life of a mom. I know I'm blessed to even have these things to do...and that is how I'm going to make it through this day. Tie the cape a little tighter and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment